A FREE Service for ALL Current CCSU Students, Faculty & Staff Who Are in Need of Food Assistance
HOURS: Monday's 3-5p.m. and Thursday's 9-11a.m.
Location: Newman House, 145 Paul Manafort Drive, New Britain CT
(Accross the street from Vance Academic Center)
Joni Moody at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria A. Alvarez FOOD PANTRY
The food pantry was named in loving memory of Maria A. Alvarez. Maria worked at CCSU for more than 32 years where she was loved by students, faculty and staff. Outside of work, Maria was a volunteer at the food pantry in her parish. The food pantry combines her love of students and compassion for the community.
Our Primary Objective
The Food Pantry is an initiative of the Newman House at CCSU in collaboration with the Office of Community Engagement, Campus of Compassion and the Food Pantry Committee.
What to Expect & How to Access the Food Pantry
- This is a FREE service for all current CCSU students, faculty, and staff who are in need of food assistance
- During the first visit you will need to present your CCSU Bluechip Card.
A volunteer will guide you through the process for future visits.
- Those using the pantry may take TEN items of food per visit
- Please bring grocery bags
- Visits to the pantry are confidential and volunteers will maintain privacy
CCSU Food Pantry Values
- Access to food is a human right
- Everyone should be treated with respect and dignity
- The Food Pantry Committee standbys the CCSU Campus of Compassion’s Charter of Compassion
DONATIONS & VOLUNTEERING
Non-perishable food and other necessities are needed throughout the academic year and all donations are appreciated! Donations can be dropped off at the Newman House during open food pantry hours along with additional locations on campus. For more information please contact Rebecca Pickering (email@example.com) or Nancy Boscarino (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Food Pantry Volunteer Guidelines
- All volunteers must complete training before supervising the pantry
- Be kind to all participants and greet them as they come in!
- Be a resource to the visitors
- Be an advocate, spread the word!
If you would like to commit to volunteering, please contact Joni Moody at email@example.com.
Available Items & Donations Needed
(A fridge is available for storing donations)